Update: MSNZ Championship event at Hampton Downs, March 27-29
- The event in question is a MotorSport New Zealand Championship event, promoted by SWE.
- MSNZ in conjunction with the promoter can agree on the status of this event without consultation or due process but agreed that in this case, it is the best way to do this.
- As of this morning, there is still no agreement on the status of this event moving forward as above this will be made today.
- The meeting arranged yesterday to agree on how to communicate a decision that was not yet agreed was premature.
- Prior to yesterday’s meeting, SWE and MSNZ sought the opinions of the categories. There was very much a divided view on what to do.
- At yesterday’s meeting, various stakeholders were either not invited and or could not join the call
- MSNZ and SWE agreed on a simple process to proceed in an open and transparent manner
- Every class has the ability to exercise the right to enter and or withdraw from any event so long as if this requires changing their articles that they consult their competitors.
Everything above is, of course, subject to other decisions being made outside of the sports control.
By now all competitors from the classes scheduled to compete at the event should have received an email from the class coordinator with a questionnaire to gauge their opinion on the event. If you have not received this, please follow the link below. Please note, the questionnaire will close at 12:00 PM TODAY (Tuesday, 17 March 2020)