This document has been created by MotorSport New Zealand to provide guidelines that will allow Electric Vehicles (EV’s) to compete in MotorSport New Zealand-permitted events. This document may be updated from time to time as new information comes to hand and requirements may be either increased or decreased.
The document has been broken into sections applicable to:
- Important information and notes
- Guidance for Event Organisers
- Emergency Response and Recovery requirements
- Entrant / Competitor requirements
- Unmodified Series Production Electric Vehicles
- Modified Electric Vehicles
- Scratch-Built Electric Vehicles
If you want to compete in an EV or your club wants to run EVs, in the first instance contact MotorSport New Zealand. Initially, permits will be issued only by MotorSport New Zealand Office for events where EV’s are to be used and must be detailed in the event Supplementary Regulations. The Event Supplementary Regulations, Safety Plan and completed Risk Assessment Form must be forwarded to MotorSport New Zealand for approval.