Statement regarding Coronavirus and MotorSport Events in New Zealand
MotorSport New Zealand has been in constant discussion at Board and Management level and wants to ensure adequate guidelines are given to the Motorsport community for the safety of all amid COVID-19. Our main objective is to ensure the health and safety of the MSNZ family while also putting things in place to ensure that the sport and life continues as best as possible. We continue to monitor the situation and will at all times adhere to government policy.
At this stage, all MSNZ permits issued remain valid and there is no requirement for events to be postponed or cancelled based on the following guidelines being adhered to.
- No event shall take place with more than 500 people (including but not limited to competitors, crew, venue staff and spectators) in a confined space. For avoidance of doubt;
- For events being held at a Circuit, no more than 500 persons are allowed inside the confines of the venue.
- For Rally events, no more than 500 persons within a square kilometre
- For Clubsport events, no more than 500 persons within a square kilometre
- All Government notifications and Ministry of Health policies must be adhered to at all times.
- For all permitted events to be held from March 16th 2020, all competitors for all events must be entered and documented electronically through MotorSport New Zealand Online (POSSUM). This will minimise the requirement for closer quarter person-to-person contact during the documentation process. This includes all currently issued permits for events already planned.
- ClubSport Basic events will be also required to do competitor entry via MotorSport Online. This will minimise the requirement for closer quarter person-to-person contact during documentation.
- MSNZ will be providing an online registration form for event organisers to register anyone wishing to attend an event who have not already registered. This includes supporters, crew, volunteers and any official not already noted in the event regulations.
- No person should be allowed to attend any event if they have had flu like symptoms or who have been overseas in the prior 15 days to the event.
- MSNZ requires that all driver briefings be conducted on paper or electronically
We will provide further updates as and when required. Please contact MSNZ if you have any queries or need assistance to comply to any of these requirements.