Expressions of interest open for Asia Pacific Motorsport Championship
MotorSport New Zealand are taking expressions of interest for the inaugural Asia Pacific Motorsport Championship set to be held later this year in Malaysia. Team New Zealand will take on competitors from across the region in a variety of disciplines on 30 September – 1 October, 2023.
The Asia Pacific Motorsport Championship event will take place at the famous Sepang International Circuit. MotorSport New Zealand is seeking expressions of interest from competitors who wish to compete in the following disciplines at the event:
- Esport (two participants – must qualify online prior to event. Platform: Assetto Corse Competizione)
- Rally Trial (driver & navigator)
- Gymkhana (three participants, 1 female)
- Karting (8-12, 12-15, 15+, two drivers per class)
- Karting Slalom (1 male participant, 1 female participant. 15+)
Competitors will be responsible for their own expenses, including travel, accommodation, entry fees, running costs and vehicle lease/hire. MotorSport New Zealand will provide a team uniform for representatives. Competitors must hold a MotorSport New Zealand competition licence to be eligible for selection (excluding esports discipline). Expressions of interest close on 30 August.