75th Conference & AGM: Saturday wrap up
The annual MotorSport New Zealand Conference, AGM and Awards took place this weekend in Auckland. On Saturday morning presentations were made to those present followed by the Annual General Meeting in the afternoon. The events of the day are summarised below.
Structure of the Sport Working Group:
Prior to the AGM, the findings of the Structure of the Sport Working Group were presented. The group was formed after the 74th AGM where members agreed to a review of the membership structure of MotorSport New Zealand. A robust discussion was held following this presentation, there was general agreement that this work should continue in the direction of the working group’s proposal, however more a detailed proposal was requested before any decisions could be considered. The detail will now be worked out and presented again at the 76th AGM.
- Mark Mallard was elected to the vacant position on the Board.
- Jeff Braid & Adam Simmons were elected to the vacant positions on the Race Advisory Commission.
- Chris Ramsey & Brian Budd were elected to the vacant position on the Rally Advisory Commission.
- Glen Howden was elected to the vacant position* on the ClubSport Advisory Commission.
- Wayne Perkins and Leon Hallett were elected to the vacant positions on the Historic Advisory Commission.
Three remits were put forward at the 75th AGM and all three were successfully carried. These remits are summarised below.
Remit 1: Alter the constitution to allow for the AGM to be held via interactive internet technology should a face-to-face meeting not be possible, such as those conditions experienced during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Remit 2: Alter the constitution to allow secure virtual voting if an online meeting is held.
Remit 3: Alter the constitution to change the quorum to 32 or 40% (whichever is lower) Member Clubs.
It was confirmed that the 76th AGM will take place in Wellington on Saturday 20th May 2023.