All the winners from the 2022 MotorSport New Zealand Awards Evening
MotorSport New Zealand celebrated some incredible achievements on Saturday night at the 2022 Awards Evening. A summary of the award recipients are listed below.
Historic Heritage Award:
Established in 2014 in recognition of services to Historic and Classic racing and rallying.
- Mo Larsen – Te Puke
- Jack Nazer – Auckland
- Tony Teesdale – Auckland
Clerk of the Course D’Honneur:
Established in 2019 in recognition of outstanding service to the MotorSport New Zealand Clerk of Course Department.
- Graham Mortensen – Auckland
This award was inaugurated in 1979 to honour those persons, who not being a member of the motorsport movement had, in the opinion of the Executive Committee, given exemplary service to the sport outside their employment and association with it.
- Tony Herbert – Auckland
- Ross Mackay – Auckland
Distinguished Service Awards:
An award established in 1989 to recognise service and personal contribution of time and effort to motorsport.
- Andrea Bourhill – Hawkes Bay
- Malcolm Budd – Dunedin
- Garth Tyrell – Dunedin
- Tony Rutherford – Auckland
- Teresa Good – Christchurch
- Steve Collier – Auckland
Ian Snellgrove Trophy:
The overall winner of the Elite Motorsport Academy of New Zealand.
- James Penrose – Christchurch
Journalist of the year:
- Michelle Prendiville – Dunedin
Photo of the year:
- Mark Walton – Dunedin
Producer of the year:
- David Hedge – Auckland
Photographer of the year:
- Tayler Burke – Marton
Volunteer of the year:
Introduced in 2012 to acknowledge the importance of our volunteers and the contribution these people make behind the scenes.
- Lenard McLeod – Invercargill
Ron Frost Award:
Introduced in 2000, this award to recognise the actions of an individual who either through vision or commitment or a special set of circumstances, have brought credit to the sport and themselves.
- Roger Oakley – Dunedin
- Norman Oakley – Dunedin
- NZ Endurance 1 Hour: John de Veth
- NZ Endurance 3 Hour: Neil Foster & Jonny Reid
- NZ Formula Ford: Alex Crosbie
- NZ Formula Ford (Class 2): Liam Sceats
- NZ Formula First: Chris Symon
- NZ Super Truck: Alex Little
- NZ Porsche: Robert Dong
- NZ V8 Ute Racing: Peter Ward
- Toyota 86: Rowan Shepherd
- NZ Rally Champions: Hayden Paddon & John Kennard
- NZ Rally Challenge: Quentin Palmer & Noel Moloney
- NZ Classic: Anthony Jones & Zoe Jones
- NZ 2WD Rally: Dylan Thomson & Samantha Gray
- NZ Junior Driver Rally Champion: Ari Pettigrew
- NZ Hillclimb: Matt Penrose
- Cross car Hillclimb: Matt Penrose