Raewyn Burke – Sporting Administrator
Raewyn, or ‘Rae’ for short, joined MotorSport New Zealand recently as our Sporting Administrator.
Rae is an active competitor within the sport, best known for her involvement in the BMW Race Driver Series. She started competing in the series in 2014 before getting heavily involved with the committee as their secretary as well as helping organise their E30 Scholarship programme.
Before Rae joined MotorSport New Zealand, she was the Event Administrator for Ultimate Rally Group and has even jumped in ‘the silly seat’ as a co-driver for one rally event. Rae’s background in both race and rally as a competitor and behind the scenes is a true asset to the MotorSport New Zealand team.
Rae’s role encompasses much the administration around events and permits as well as championship and accredited series, including:
- Managing and maintaining series articles and regulations, and liaising with series organisers.
- Providing assistance with supplementary regulations for events when needed.
- Maintaining updates to the Motorsport Manual and National Sporting Code.
- Maintaining the event permitting process and permit database as part of MotorSport New Zealand’s more active involvement in the calendar management process.
- As the new coordinator of MotorSport New Zealand’s championship officials team, Rae will also look after travel and accommodation arrangements.
Rae is based in Auckland and will be available to assist at Auckland based events when required.
Rae can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 745 343